Setting Up a Hyperlink Presentation in PowerPoint
Are you aware of drill down PowerPoint maps? Do you know how use the PowerPoint Hyperlink and Slide Show features to build a drill down sales or marketing presentation? Yes, you can do all this, using our downloadable, editable PowerPoint maps. This feature presents you with a functionality, wherein, you start with an overall view of Canada for example, and then by clicking on the map the presentation jumps to a region or state or maybe a county map.
So, this is what is called a drill down map; you are drilling down into greater and greater details with the help of this functionality. Let’s discuss how to do this with our editable PowerPoint maps and the Hyperlink feature of PowerPoint. We are editing a Canada map to include this drill down attribute:
1. Set up a Canada map on slide 1, set up larger individual states or county maps on additional slides.
2. Select the individual state on the Canada map with your pointer.
3. Choose the HYPERLINK option in the Formatting Pallet.
4. Select an appropriate action you would like to have. It could be anything, from just jumping ahead to directing to a web site.
5. If you want to jump to another slide, choose the slide that you would like the presentation to jump to. Finally, click OK.
6. Hyperlinks only work in the Slide Show mode. And, Slide Show tools are located in the lower left corner of the PowerPoint screen as well as in a pull down menu from the top. Use whichever is convenient for you.
You can also control the internal navigation of your presentation. Add Slide Show Action Buttons to your slides to help with the internal navigation of your presentation. You will find these in the Slide Show pull down menu at the top of your screen.